OpenFIGI Global Government Bonds
Government Bonds are debt securities issued by national governments to finance their operations and projects. These bonds are typically considered to be low-risk investments, as they are backed by the full faith and credit of the issuing government. Because of this, they generally offer lower yields than other fixed income securities. Government Bonds are also used as a benchmark for other fixed income investments, as they are often considered to be a "risk-free" asset.
Columns in the data files:
- Name of a financial instrument.
- Ticker is a specific identifier for a financial instrument that reflects common usage.
- Exchange Code
- Exchange code of an instrument. Click here for the current list of values. Click here for the Bloomberg global exchange mappings.
- Security Type
- Security type of an instrument. Click here for the current list of values.
- Market Sector
- Market sector description of an instrument – Equity, Corp, Govt, or Muni.
- An identifier that is assigned to instruments of all asset classes and is unique to an individual instrument. Once issued, the FIGI assigned to an instrument will not change.
- FIGI Composite
- The Composite Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI) enables users to link multiple FIGIs at the trading venue level within the same country or market in order to obtain an aggregated view for an instrument within that country or market.
- Share Class
- A Share Class level Financial Instrument Global Identifier is assigned to an instrument that is traded in more than one country. This enables users to link multiple Composite FIGIs for the same instrument in order to obtain an aggregated view for that instrument across all countries (globally).
- Security Description
- A description of an instrument. Can contain additional information that’s not in the Name or Ticker values.
- Security Type 2
- An alternative security type of an instrument. Security Type 2 is typically less specific than Security Type. Click here for the current list of values.
- Currency associated with an instrument. Click here for the current list of values.
- Country associated with an instrument. Click here for the current list of values.
Download up-to-date instrument dataset archives for global government bonds:
The global government bonds that have reached maturity are excluded.